Saturday, November 7, 2009

Polaris and the Medicine Wheel


One of the first things I did when I moved to Taos was construct this Medicine Wheel. I knew very little about them but it felt extremly important to have it. I later found out a bunch of things about the orientation, number of spokes and later more indepth studies of "what the heck" these things are all about. Turns out I was given "internal direction" of what was required and did not have to change anything. After the stonework was completed, we were surprised to find a Northern Mountain Cottonwood sprouting right out on my "node" - Of course it was a "sign" , as these trees are not native to this area. It is now about 35 ft tall. Edy and I and all the kids/grandkids have a special stone/node and we use it for "special occasions" .
The exposure was 2 hours using a Mamiya RZ67ProII with Fuijichrome at F42.
It was windy as anything that night and I was suprised there was any detail at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment